Are you looking for someone to handle a divorce case? If yes, then you should look for the best family lawyers. Any legal proceedings which leads to the annulment of your marriage can be troublesome and draining. A good lawyer can help make the process less stressful. If you have children involved as well, there would be chances of going through a child custody case as well. A family lawyer could help make the legal proceedings of the child custody simple and stress free.
When looking food a good family lawyer, keep all of the following things in mind.
Just don’t hire the first lawyer you come across
When you are in the market looking for a product, you just don’t go and get the first one you ever see. You take a look at two or three different ones and then choose one which is right for you. Same is the case while looking for a family lawyer in Sydney. You need to find someone who is best for you, someone who can help make the legal process smooth and stress free. Your lawyer should be on the same wavelength as you. Keep in mind that you would be sharing quite a lot of details with the lawyer. Some of those which you wish to be kept confidential. This is why it’s important to hire a person who can understand your issues and then give you the right legal advice.
When it comes to division of assets, if there is no prenuptial present you might have to be prepared for a detailed discussion with your spouse and their lawyer as well. What the two of you could decide amiably I best for both parties. In order to file for an amiable divorce choose the lawyer carefully.
Ask the right questions
The key to finding the best family lawyers in Sydney is asking the right questions. Here is a list of queries you can go through before you finalise who you want to help you with your case.
- How long have you been practicing family law
- What procedures are usually involved during a divorce case and a separation? Do you need to submit any specific documents?
- How do they expect you to pay for the case? Do they charge an hourly fee or they charge a total fee once the proceedings are through?
- Do they have the license to practice?
- What advice could they give you to help make the process less stressful
- What if there is no prenuptial involved or if there is one, what it would take to challenge the clauses present in the prenuptial since circumstances have changed for both you and your spouse.
Finding the right lawyer doesn’t need to be a difficult task. Just keeping the above mentioned things in mind you could find the best family lawyers in Sydney. Make sure you do your research and take your time when deciding on who you would like to hire.