Getting Frustrated Searching for Divorce Assistance?
Tips on finding the right divorce lawyer
When looking for a good divorce lawyer, it’s important to have services from an expert.
Talking about situations involved in a divorce can be depressing and frustrating. What is important, though, is finding a good lawyer to help you. Here are a few important points:
- How professional is does the lawyer seem?
- Is the lawyer practical and cost-effective?
- Does the outcome of the divorce seem important to the lawyer?
It’s important to know that the lawyer is on the right team:
As a mediator between the couple getting divorced, communication is key to a positive outcome. Making the divorce proceedings simple and productive is crucial to the outcome of the divorce agreement. There should be no confusion on the part of the attorney who represents the divorcees. It is especially important that the outcome of the divorce should be fair and equitable in its conclusion for both parties.
In Australia, a divorce can be obtained in Family Court or Federal Circuit Court. It is also possible to go online to the Family Court website for divorce proceedings. The divorce has a few requirements to be satisfied.
- The divorcee must regard Australia as their home (or)
- The divorcee intends to live in Australia indefinitely (or)
- The divorcee has lived only in Australia (or)
- The divorcee is an Australian citizen or has lived in Australia for the last 12 months
In the case of a divorce after a breakdown in a relationship, satisfactory arrangements for children involved must be met. If the arrangements for the children are acceptable, the divorce can proceed. A family lawyer should be involved in these cases. Who will have physical custody? What are the stipulations of visitation? What child support will be expected? Answers to questions such as these are vital to the dissolution of a marriage.
Guidelines to follow should be:
- How experienced is the lawyer handling the case? It is best if the lawyer is familiar with family law. They need to be well acquainted with divorce judges in the area.
- Does the lawyer specialize in divorce cases and/or family law? Are they able to handle cases between legal partners or alternative lifestyles?
- Is the lawyer willing to be communicative during all elements of the divorce? It is imperative that the lawyer is invested in the final outcome of the proceedings. It may take a couple of visits with the lawyer to feel comfortable with them. If you have any doubts during these visits, it’s time to search for another lawyer.
- What is the reputation of the lawyer? Check for complaints online to see if this is the right lawyer for divorce proceedings. Don’t feel rushed. This is an extremely hard situation to be in, so don’t make quick choices. Speak about any doubts with the lawyer. If they are not able to gain the trust that is needed during a divorce, it is definitely time to move on.
Once the decision for divorce is made, make sure that the right lawyer is supportive and competent.